Thank you to everyone involved in the WCCA National Apprentices Week event, for giving their time and making the evening such a success. All the Apprentice presentations and Q & A answers were interesting, informative and engaging.
Around 55 members took part, and the session gave those who attended ‘food for thought’ about alternative routes in architectural education, the challenges faced by Apprentices, but also the rewards they gain, and the advantages to an employer of considering all training routes into the profession as being equal and valuable. Huge thanks to our Ambassador for Architectural Apprenticeships, Katherine Birkett, who chaired the event superbly, and huge thanks to the Apprentices who answered questions from members:
- Assael Architecture, Apprentices: Jo McClean and Artur Calyj
- Weston Williamson, Apprentices: Ash Mathur, Anna Rennison and Nick Roy
- Chris Dyson Associates, Apprentice: Freddie Hutchinson
- Hugh Broughton Architects, Apprentices: Roxane Baillet and Emily Tunnacliffe
- PTE Architects, Apprentices: Nelton Barbosa and Niks Piliens
The Celebration of Architectural Apprenticeships was a wonderful event, and I felt privileged to participate.
Valerie Owen Le Vaillant OBE
BSc BArch RIBA Dip TP MRTPI MRICS ACIArb FRSA CEnv
Master, Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects.