Joining the Company
Join The Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects
- Participation in the heritage, traditions and governance of the City of London including, for Liverymen, attendance at Common Hall to elect the Lord Mayor, Sheriffs and other City officials, as well as the opportunity to participate in the Lord Mayor’s Show.
- Fellowship and friendship through an annual programme of prestigious Company and Civic, banquets, dinners, lunches and other informal social events.
- Business development, networking and Continuing Professional Development opportunities, including monthly Practice visits; an Annual Lecture by a leading practitioner and two Architectural study weekends each year; usually one study weekend takes place in the UK and the other overseas.
- Promotion of the profession through the City Building of the Year Awards and our initiative to position London as a ‘Global Hub’ for architecture.
- Opportunities for charitable giving, primarily to the WCCA’s Charity, (which supports architectural education and outreach work), and opportunities for engagement with Schools of Architecture and for mentoring students of architecture.
Find Current Projects
- Publication and promotion of our acclaimed new book ” The Livery halls of the City of London”
- The granting of a Royal Charter by Her Majesty the Queen
- Establishment of an independent Charity, Temple Bar Trust, to lease and manage ‘the Architectural Gateway to the City,’ Temple Bar in Paternoster Square, next to St Paul’s Cathedral.
How to apply
Please visit our members site page for more information on the process and to start your application
The WCCA is open to new members, visit our page to find out about how to become a member and the process.
The WCCA supports students throughout their studies including apprentices.
Our annual Building of the Year awards showcase the best new Architecture in the City.
The Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects
53 Lychgate Drive, Horndean, Hampshire PO8 9QE
Telephone: 023 9259 5052